In general, if you want to work as a web designer or developer in Canada, you shouldn’t let anything bother you.
In point of fact, you are free to work for any of the IT companies in Canada.
Numerous Canadian businesses will absolutely require your web design and development services.
These include Capgemini, Summit Digital Systems Ltd., Olivier Jullian Consultant Inc., Desjardins, Ishare Consulting Inc., Framez Impex Inc., EBS TECH SERVICES, ONIKON Creative Inc., VOX Interactif, and others.
In addition, you can connect with a greater number of web design and development companies in Canada through any of the job boards. Eluta.ca, Jobboom.ca, Monster.ca, Indeed, Jobbank, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and so on.
In this article, you will be able to learn the immigration routes and overall requirements to work and immigrate to Canada as a web designer or web developer.
Who are developers and designers of websites?
Web designers and developers without a doubt conduct research, design, develop, and create websites for the internet and intranet.
Web developers can, of course, work for themselves or seek employment in almost all public and private organizations in Canada.
These include advertising agencies, IT departments within organizations, IT consulting firms, and companies that develop computer software.
In addition, 2175 is the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for web designers and developers. All web developers and designers in Canada are represented by this NOC code.
Web developers’ and designers’ job descriptions and responsibilities
The following are the job duties of web designers and developers to clients, IT consulting firms, etc.
- Sourcing, selecting, and organizing information for inclusion and designing the website’s flow, layout, and appearance.
- Consulting with clients to develop and document website requirements
- Planning, designing, writing, modifying, integrating, and testing website-relevant code
- Preparing prototypes and storyboards
- Developing website architecture, as well as determining software and hardware requirements
- Leading and coordinating multidisciplinary teams to create website content, graphics, capacity, and interactivity
- Creating and optimizing content for websites via several databases, graphics, animation, and other software
- Carrying out tests, security, and quality controls
- Researching and assessing several interactive media software products
Examples of occupations under NOC 2175
Here are lists of examples of occupations under NOC 2175.
- Corporate webmaster
- Web designer
- Electronic business (e-business) website developer
- Web site developer
- Electronic commerce (e-commerce) website developer
- Web manager
- Internet site (designer, as well as internet developer)
- Web integrator
- Intranet site (designer, as well as intranet site developer)
- Web developer
- Web site designer
Requirements to work in Canada as a web designer or developer
You must surely meet several requirements to qualify for employment in Canada as a web designer or developer.
- Must complete a Bachelor’s degree program in business, computer science, or communications
Alternatively, you need to complete a college diploma program in business, graphic arts, computer science, or web design.
- May need to possess work experience as a computer programmer or graphic designer.
Exclusions under web designers and developers
Below are occupations with exemptions under NOC 2175.
- 0124 – Advertising, marketing, and public relations managers (E-business managers)
- 2147 – Network systems engineers
- 2171- Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2281 – Computer network technicians
- 2283 – Information systems testing technicians
- 5241 – Graphic designers and illustrators
Requirements for Web Designers and Developers to Immigrate to Canada
In fact, this section covers the general requirements for foreigners from all over the world to immigrate to Canada.
Your points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) will increase as you meet these requirements, making you eligible for immigration to Canada.
To be eligible to immigrate to Canada, your CRS scores must therefore not fall below 67 out of 100.
Requirements for general immigration to Canada The requirements for general immigration to Canada are listed below.
Age restriction: You must be at least 18 years old and not older than 35. Obviously, if your current age falls within this range, you will receive up to 12 points.
Requirement for education: You must have completed secondary education or postsecondary education. An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report is also necessary.
Certainly, if you meet this requirement, you can earn a maximum of 25 CRS points.
Required language skills are: Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) generally accepts a valid result of a proof of language proficiency test.
In addition, if you meet this language requirement, you are eligible to receive up to 28 points on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Written or arranged employment requirement: This requirement can only be fulfilled by working for a Canadian employer.
Therefore, you must have submitted an application for employment with a private or public organization in Canada and received a written job offer.
Additionally, if you fulfill this requirement to the maximum, you will receive 10 CRS points.
Prerequisite for work experience: It is undeniable that having a minimum of one year of work experience entitles you to up to 15 points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Adaptability: Individually, you can earn 10 CRS points if you want to immigrate to Canada with your spouse or common-law partner.
Certificate of provincial nomination: This requirement can only be fulfilled by applying through a nomination program.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a web designer or developer
There are two (2) programs in general that help to immigrate to Canada as a web designer or developer.
Examples of these programs include Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Generally speaking, you can immigrate to Canada as a web designer or developer through Express Entry’s Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP).
Of course, this pathway can help you achieve your immigration objectives on time.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
Indeed, you can immigrate to Canada as a web designer or developer via Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Besides, these nomination programs demand you to work and work in a particular province or territory in Canada.
Canada’s list of Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
The following are lists of nomination programs across the provinces and territories in Canada.
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a web designer or developer
Undoubtedly, here are steps that can facilitate your immigration to Canada as a web designer or developer.
STEP 1: Ascertain eligibility
Through Canada’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool, you can know your probable points on the CRS before applying through Express Entry.
STEP 2: Create an Express Entry profile and submit
Indeed, there are the second steps to undertake to immigrate to Canada as a web designer or developer.
You must request a nomination from a province or territory if you apply through a PNP.
If you plan to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry, you must fill out a form to create an Express Entry profile and submit it.
STEP 3: Apply for PR
Of course, you must apply for Permanent Residency (PR) to Canada within 60 days of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC.
STEP 4: Immigrate to the flight
This is the concluding step to help you immigrate to Canada as a web designer or developer.
You can book a flight and travel to Canada as soon as your PR application gets approval.
FAQs & conclusion
Learn about the list of frequently asked questions about how to immigrate to Canada as a web designer, along with their answers.
What are web designers’ and developers’ NOC codes?
How much do web designers make in Canada?
Every year in Canada, web developers earn an average of $50,000 to 130,000 Canadian Dollars.
What is the average salary of web developers in Canada?
Indeed, web designers earn an average salary of $60,000 to 140,000 Canadian Dollars per year in Canada.
Can I work in Canada as a web designer and developer?
You can undoubtedly become both a web designer and developer in Canada inasmuch as you possess all the required skills and experience.
Who are the employers of web designers and developers in Canada?
- 786 G8 Limited, Oakville, ON
- Capgemini, Canada
- Desjardins, Montreal, QC
- EBS TECH SERVICES, Burnaby, BC
- Framez Impex Inc., Burnaby, BC
- Ishare Consulting Inc., Mississauga, ON
- ONIKON Creative Inc., Surrey, BC
- Papa Technology Inc., Delta, BC
- Tecqify Solutions Ltd., Chilliwack, BC
- The Times of Canada Investments Ltd., Surrey, BC
- TOP Agency, Louisville, QC
- Vancouver Patrolling Security Ltd., Surrey, BC
- VOX Interactif, Dieppe, NB
All in all, we expect this article to cover all areas that confused you before now. Thus, the entire team of Work Study Visa wishes you good luck in immigrating to Canada as a web designer or developer.
Is good to see this information
I love this
I would consider it
Web designer can take up this opportunity
What an amazing opportunity
Love this opportunity
Wow I love it
Thank you for this wonderful update
Oh my goodness