The most well-known cities in Canada are Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Calgary. For the traveler, explorer, or immigrant who wants to visit or relocate to Canada, this article will compare these cities to better understand their nature and uniqueness.
Therefore, in order to gain a deeper comprehension of the unique characteristics of these cities, comparisons will be made in the following areas:
- The cost of living
- Popular job sectors
Cost of Living
Many people would be interested in this area. The cost of living is a significant place to begin from. This indicates what individuals need to survive and thrive in the city. It measures the ability or degree the city can sustain its citizens conveniently.
Many would be interested to know which of these cities is the most expensive and affordable.
Toronto: Monthly Cost, Rent, and Expenses
- The estimated monthly cost for a family of 4 is C$4,534.05 without rent.
- The estimated monthly cost for a single person is C$1,248.87 without rent.
|Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre||C$2,132.23||1,850.00 – 2,500.00|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre||C$1,765.87||1,500.00 – 2,000.00|
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre||C$3,471.86||2,900.00 – 5,000.00|
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre||C$2,708.11||2,100.00 – 3,700.00|
Montreal: Monthly Cost, Rent, and Expenses
- A family of four estimated monthly costs will be C$3,936.39 without rent.
- Single individual estimated monthly costs will be C$1,074.60 without rent
Vancouver: Monthly Cost, Rent, and Expenses
- The estimated monthly cost for a family of four is C$4,352.32 without rent.
- For a single person, the monthly estimated cost is C$1,181.52 without rent.
Calgary: Monthly Cost, Rent, and Expenses
- A family of 4 monthly estimated cost is C$4,243.61 without rent.
- A single-person monthly estimated cost is C$1,193.93 without rent.
- Tourism and
- Life sciences
Key sectors in Montreal are:
- Textile Manufacturing
The Province of Vancouver is also another economic hub of Canada, with key industries like
Popular job sectors in Calgary are:
- Air space
- Financial services
- Life sciences
- Toronto is located towards the south of Ontario.
- On the other hand, Montreal is only an overnight journey from Toronto and towards the south of Quebec.
- Vancouver sits southwards of British Columbia.
- Calgary also is located in the province of Alberta.
- Toronto is by far the largest city in Canada and, by extension, the largest city in Ontario.
- Meanwhile, Montreal is the second-largest city in Canada. However, the largest city in Quebec.
- The third-largest city in Canada is Vancouver. Nevertheless, it is the largest city in the province of British Columbia.
- Also, Calgary is the fourth largest city in Canada. However, the largest city in Alberta.
River or Lakes
- The city of Toronto is enclosed by lake Ontario, Humber, don, and rough rivers.
- Saint Lawrence and Riviera des Prairies rivers are located in Montreal
- Surrounding Vancouver is the English Bay, Burrard inlet, and Fraser river.
- Calgary has bow and elbow rivers.
- Toronto has flatlands, primarily.
- Montreal, on the other hand, is flat and hilly
- Vancouver, in the same vein, is also flat and hilly.
- Calgary is quite hilly; however, not very flat.
- You will love Toronto because of its lovely beaches.
- There are no beaches in Montreal.
- Vancouver has many beautiful beaches.
- Calgary, like Montreal, has no beaches either.
- If you are a mountain-loving or climbing person, Toronto will disappoint you.
- However, Montreal won’t, as it’s got many beautiful mountains.
- Vancouver and Calgary, in addition, do have beautiful mountains too.
Weather or climate is undoubtedly one of the most crucial options when deciding the city you want to live in, especially if it’s Canada. But, unfortunately, Canada is world-famous for its harsh and often icy weather.
Weather in Toronto
- In Toronto, from November to February, the temperature is usually shallow. The temperature here can sometimes fall even to minus 20 degrees Celsius.
- The temperature can go up as high as 35 or 36 degrees Celsius in July.
Weather in Montreal
- The weather in Montreal is relatively harsher than in Toronto; this is because in winter, in February, the temperature can go down to around minus degrees Celsius.
- While in summer, especially in May, it can be up to 37 degrees Celsius high. It experiences such a vast fluctuation in temperature within a couple of months.
Weather in Vancouver
- The best temperature among the four cities is probably Vancouver’s, especially during winter. However, the normal temperature in Vancouver is about zero degrees or, sometimes, – 1 to – 2 degrees Celsius.
- Vancouver’s general summer temperature is between 24 – 26 degrees Celsius.
- In addition, the maximum temperature is not up to 30 degrees. Thus, Vancouver boasts such lovely weather, particularly in the summer
Good and lovely
More grace and well done job
Impressive and lovely message
Nice 👍…..wow perfect
If I want to come to Canada what are the procedure?
Nice place to be
Oh my god
Very impressive. Keep it up
I love it
It great if one explore
Great country with great concept
Anyone will do I love them all